- Cart is empty
Harvey Norman is an established international retailer in Electronics, Computers, Furniture & Bedding with prominent international presence in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, North Ireland, Slovenia, Croatia, Malaysia and Singapore. In support with our growing business needs, we are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated team player to join us as:
Head of E-commerce, Singapore and Malaysia
|LOCATION:||Head Offices, Singapore and Malaysia|
|DEPARTMENT:||E-Commerce / Online|
|REPORTS TO:||Managing Director or his appointed designated|
|WORK ENVIRONMENT:||Work is primarily in an office setting with the need to travel between Singapore and Malaysia|
|SUMMARY OF JOB:||Lead the overall development, implementation and management of the Company's online activities, with a primary focus on e-commerce, to maximise online revenue|
- Assist and advise the retail GMs (Computers, Electrical, Furniture and Bedding) and Head Office department managers on the setting of individual division's online marketing strategies, including e-commerce. Implement and manage the strategies relating to e-commerce/online as appropriate.
- Contribute to strategic planning and development of the business, actively working with the retail GMs and Head Office department managers to improve the business, with a specific focus for online projects. Obtain a clear understanding of overall business objectives, activities, risks and priorities relating to e-commerce/online.
- Enhance the website's role in driving transactions online and to our stores, and work to maximise sales and profitability and promotion of our brand. Liaise with the Australian Head office with regard to website development, support and strategy.
- Develop, in conjunction with the retail GMs, an annual digital budget and implement steps as necessary for web services. Provide performance reporting to the Executive Management Team on a regular basis and mange expenses ensuring budgets are not exceeded. Actively propose opportunities for improved efficiencies and reduced costs.
- In conjunction with Head Office department managers, implement and manage the Company’s Multi Channel Strategy, growth plan and activities. Maintain and grow digital activity, being responsible for the e-commerce platform and activities such as product to web, marketing, conversion optimisation, order fulfilment, customer service, fraud mitigation and security. Work with relevant department managers to monitor monetary trends across online sales. Implement policies and procedures to provide the highest level of quality, reliability, and security for the e-commence channel.
- Oversee digital marketing support for all retail departments to realise marketing strategy and campaigns through digital channels, and improve user experience (including retention and conversion).
- Provide guidance and direction on, and execution of, SEO/SEM strategies and digital marketing activities in conjunction with the digital team and suppliers as required.
- Leverage site analytics to monitor performance, and turn insight into action to drive results.
- Undertake various project works as required by the retail GMs.
- Monitor and keep the retail GMs abreast of online competitor and e-commerce activities, and digital marketing initiatives, and communicate to key stakeholders. Keep current with emerging web technologies. Maintain an up to date awareness of technical, legislative and procedural issues relevant to the position.
- Motivate and manage a team of online commercially focused experts to deliver maximum online sales and profitability.
- Manage senior stakeholders to authorise incremental marketing/campaign spend through clear ROI justifications. To work alongside the offline marketing and commercial teams to ensure customer contact management is aligned under a single plan.
Experience / Qualifications / knowledge:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Information Technology or related.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in website management including managing e-commence, preferably for a leading retailer. Proven ability to profitably grow e-commence sales.
- Strong e-commerce management skills, demonstrated expertise in e-commerce management and digital strategy execution.
- SEO / SEM & PPC campaign management experience.
- Experienced in advanced analytics analysis.
- Experience in managing or supervising a team within the digital space, driving and maintaining high performance.
- Negotiation experience, with proven ability to work within set budgets.
- Experienced with project management, with an ability to prioritise issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written. Experience acting as a “Trusted Advisor” to senior management.
Singaporeans who are interested to pursue this fulfilling and challenging role, you are invited to submit your detailed resume, together with your current and expected salaries to:
The Human Resource Department
Pertama Merchandising Pte Ltd
315 Outram Road
#01-01/02 Tan Boon Liat Building
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.