- Cart is empty
Harvey Norman is an established international retailer in Electronics, Computers, Furniture & Bedding with prominent international presence in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, North Ireland, Slovenia, Croatia, Malaysia and Singapore. In support with our growing business needs, we are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated team player to join us as:
Reporting to the Assistant IT Operation Manager, the IT Executive is responsible for the IT operations support for Harvey Norman in Singapore.
- The specific duties and responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:Support the ongoing operations of the IT infrastructure and Point of Sale (POS) system in retail stores throughout Singapore and ensure IT operations are functioning normally in all stores.
- Support of infrastructure components such as servers, storage, networks (WAN, LAN, Firewalls, etc.) and workstations, as well as retail-specific infrastructure such as networks, wireless access points, mobile devices, payment terminals, photo kiosks, bar-code printers, etc.
- Deliver essential IT service in the setup and tear-down of POS terminals, workstations, printers, broadband routers for road shows, trade shows as well as retail events. Duties include providing onsite and offsite remote support.
- Work with internal team members, overseas teams as well as external service providers in executing store openings, closings, and remodelling.
- Introduce and deploy technological innovations to support new business initiatives and to increase efficiency within store as well as corporate office environments.
- Any ad-hoc duties that may be assigned by the management.
- Diploma qualification from local polytechnic or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in IT support within an IT department of medium to large organisations.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or on-call support as and when necessary to resolve urgent operational issues or to complete project work within expected timeline.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and conflicting priorities, and has a desire for continuous personal growth.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Good knowledge in desktop, server and remote support. Experience should include Wincor Point of Sale, Microsoft Office, Active Directory and Windows Server.
- Attention to details, well organised and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work and think logically.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what a problem is about and explain solution to the problem.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as under pressure.
- Good problem solving and documentation skills.
- Good follow up and a strong customer focus.
Singaporeans who are interested to pursue this fulfilling challenging role, you are invited to submit your detailed resume, clearly stating position you are applying for, your current and expected salaries to:
The Human Resource Department
Pertama Merchandising Pte Ltd
315 Outram Road
#01-01/02 Tan Boon Liat Building
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.